UNION ’19 was a 12-month programme for 20 early-career artists and activists. It forms the basis for our core programmes going forward including the UNION Leeds programme.
Starting points for future UNION programmes…
The group takes part in a blended approach of training that combines both critical thinking and practical learning through:
- Intensive workshops during the programme; all in different locations with differing themes and objectives.
- The group will be introduced to inspirational people and cutting edge work in each location.
- Each participant will have individual one-to-one coaching sessions at different points during the year to help define their own future pathways.
- Pastoral support appropriate to individual need will be offered throughout the programme
- The team will recommend additional mentors, opportunities for work placements, and training opportunities.
- A reflective approach will be encouraged throughout, both by participants and facilitators
- There will be a virtual workspace to continue learning and communication throughout the year and beyond.
- Each programme will adapt to the situation, the place, and the participants
- Well-being is key. Even within the most intense sessions, there will be opportunities to relax, to drink tea, to eat and prepare food together, to exercise, to meditate, to sleep!