We are really pleased to be able to announce that the Paul Hamlyn Foundation (PHF) have awarded Heads Together Productions additional funding to be able to continue our work with our UNION participants during the Covid-19 pandemic.
PHF have been a major part of the UNION journey to-date. The whole concept of the Northern School for Creativity and Activism came from the PHF work developing the Artworks initiative and they funded the initial pilot along with the Arts Council of England.
We asked to develop an additional programme with the aim of:
- Supporting the UNION 19 cohort individually in this time of crisis and uncertainty and through the coming transition
- Developing ideas with them about how participatory arts and activism can move forward in the coming period of social distancing
- Further develop UNION itself to take on an active role in the sector with emerging and early career artists and activists
With the funding in place we will be able to develop a range of opportunities including:
- arranging individual and group coaching sessions;
- continuing the very successful re-UNION Radio programmes;
- and offering a number of commissions to participants to develop models of creative working with people in a time of social distancing and beyond.
And we will be developing ideas for how we extend UNION going forward and offer further opportunities for early-career community artists and activists.
Watch this space…or listen to the radio programmes!