Image Description: Screen is full of people posing in red costumes with white faces
Red Rebels by Emma Myrtle
In 2023 UNION are running a 12-month programme aimed at mid-career participatory artists and social activists from across the North of England.
- Click here for the full leaflet as a pdf
- For more detailed information and answers to questions people have asked us, see our FAQ page
Overview of the programme
UNION delivers a series of coaching and training programmes for community artists and social activists in the North of England.
In 2023 we are running a 12-month programme aimed at mid-career artists and activists from across the North.
UNION has previously focused on early-career professionals but we are aware of a demand from people working in the sector who feel they have established their professional practice but are considering…what next?
Out cohort consists of people who are…
- Committed to using creative approaches to achieve social change
- Looking for direction, opportunities, and challenges
- Ready to be part of a group; to learn with and get support from
UNION 23 will include:
- Five intensive weekend workshops during the year; all in different locations with differing themes and objectives.
- You will co-create the programme, review your own achievements and consider the challenges and opportunities going forward
- Individual one-to-one coaching sessions to help define future pathways and identify possible opportunities, mentors, etc
- The opportunity to learn from funded collaborations between participants
UNION is coordinated by Heads Together Productions and, with support from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation, we are able to offer this programme for free and provide additional support where needed eg travel and access costs.
For more information see our FAQ page